5.12.2013


WANG 



Alexander Wang is most definitely one of the designers that embodies the looks I go for in my day-to-day wardrobe. In my eyes, Wang’s ready-to-wear collections have a 99% success rate, meaning if possible, each of his items would find themselves in my little collection of dribs of drabs that I call my wardrobe.    But, it isn’t just me; Wang’s eponymous brand is highly advocated by many designers and models.   Wang is prominent on my fashion designer worship list, as he always sends me swooning with his somewhat scruffy and disheveled vibe, while still designing clothes that are practical for the modern lasses wardrobe and that reverberate chic downtown style.  Basically, it is seriously cool. 

That 99% success rate of Wang, has enthralled me since his first ready-to-wear collection at New York Fashion Week in 2007.  So much so, I often find myself endlessly scrolling through his collections on the Web, admittedly with a slight dribble of drool dripping from my mouth.

Now that you understand my devout love for Wang’s design, you can just imagine how excited I was for his Balenciaga debut earlier this year.  That really was a little slice of heaven on a plate.  Although it would have been nice to see a bit more of the ‘models off-duty’ style, that Wang does so well, he definitely took us back through the archives of Balenciaga and made his step-in into being part of Balenciaga.  




Balenciaga Ready-to-Wear A/W 2013/14 



Fall 2013 Ready-to-Wear 



Spring 2013 Ready-to-Wear 



Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear 

No comments:

Post a Comment